Westwood PE Coaches are hard at work preparing for the Annual Fun Run. Your student should have brought home information about this great event on Friday. Check out the class newsletters or this flyer for information.
Month: October 2018
Save the Date for the Trunk or Treat! Saturday, October 27th, from 5-7pm at Westwood. The PTO will host a trunk or treat and invites you and your family to come and enjoy a great evening “trunk or treating” with your friends and teachers! Hope to see you there!
BE NICE and say thank you! Williamson County School’s Successory program gives students a chance to say thank you to the school employees who are helping them become a success. Participating is easy! Just print off a Succesory form online, fill it out with the name of a school employee (teacher, bus driver, cafeteria worker, etc.) who’s making a difference in your life and drop it off in the box marked Successory forms in the front office the week of October 8-12. At the end of the week, a name will be drawn and one lucky employee will receive a special prize.
Help Westwood every time you shop at Publix.
Turn your grocery money into donations for your local school without spending another dime. Join Publix Partners today to raise money for Westwood Elementary!
1. Go to www.publix.com/myaccount
2. Log in if you already have an account or sign up to create an account. Make sure you enter a phone number. At checkout you will be typing in your phone number.
3. Within My Account, find the “Settings” tab.
4. Locate the “My Publix Partner” box and choose “select school”.
5. In the School search box, type “Westwood Elementary School PTO” then “Update”.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- I already have a Publix Partner card for Westwood. Will it still work?
- For a little while only. The keychain cards will work until September 30, 2018. Beginning Oct. 1, 2018, Publix Partners will only work by entering the phone number attached to your Publix account during check out.
- I already have a Publix account for digital coupons, etc. Do I still need to do anything?
- Yes, you must attach a school to your account in order for the funds to be forwarded to Westwood.
- How does the program work?
- A percentage of each eligible transaction made using your Publix Partners account is allocated to your selected school. Publix Partners’ schools receive checks up to four times per year based on earnings they accumulate from the purchases you make at Publix.
- All purchases are eligible with the exception of gift cards, alcohol, lottery items, money services, postage stamps and prescriptions, purchases from Florida stores, purchases from GreenWise Market locations and purchases made through Publix Delivery powered by Instacart and Publix Curbside powered by Instacart.
- For every $37,500 spent cumulatively by your school’s participants, Publix will award your school $250. Once per quarter, if the school has at least $250 in earnings, a check will be sent to the school and they decide how to best put it to use.If your school doesn’t achieve a $250 payment in a quarter, any credit will be carried over to the next quarter
- How will Westwood Elementary School PTO use this money?
- Donations from Publix Partners will be used towards general PTO activities like: teacher appreciation meals and gifts, classroom grants, positive behavior recognition programs for students, and community building events.
- Do you have to be a parent of a Westwood student to participate in this program?
- No! Anyone can donate to Westwood through the Publix Partner program. Encourage any grandparents, aunts, uncles, neighbors, co-workers, or friends to sign up and select Westwood Elementary School PTO as their chosen school to support.