Invest in Your Child
Westwood Elementary School is setting high educational standards for our children. In order to ensure that our goals are met, we are trying to raise funds to support some exciting plans for Westwood.
Fundraising at Westwood: Finding Something for Everyone
We’ve come to understand that some of our parents actually enjoy traditional fundraising, while others would rather contribute in “another way.” Well, with the “Invest in Your Child” campaign, City Savers and Corporate Sponsorship you now have options. Our traditional fundraiser (City Saver Books) information will be distributed to your child later this fall.
Here’s how “Invest in Your Child” works:
- You make a donation payable to the Westwood PTO for the current (2018-2019) school year, which may be tax deductible. You can donate directly on-line or by check (Westwood PTO).
- Grandparents, Extended Family and Family Friends can also donate!
- Your monetary contribution will be used to meet the needs of our children and our school.
- If we reach our fundraising goal of $35,000 (approximately $70 per child), the PTO will consider eliminating all traditional fundraising from third-party vendors.
Benefits of Contributing
Whatever amount you decide to contribute, you can rest assure that your donations will be used to enrich your
child’s learning experience at Westwood Elementary School this year and for years to come. We will be working Closely with Mrs. Hunt and her staff throughout the school year to identify and prioritize the educational needs and requirements of Westwood. We have made a strong commitment to our children and have already allocated a large portion of funds to provide grants for classrooms teachers, as well as improving security measures as Westwood.
The following are a few ways the PTO funds have been used in the past:
Security Upgrades • School Equipment • Student Awards • Staff Appreciation
• Classroom Supplies • Westwood Community events • Teacher Grants
Did you know that some companies offer matching funds programs? Please check to see if your employer matches educational contributions. Every dollar is so important!
Thank You for Investing in Your Child.